During many metal fabricating processes, filter systems often have to deal with large amounts of dust, glowing particles and flying sparks.
The SparkTRAP separator developed by KEMPER virtually completes separation of sparks and even larger particles (e.g. cigarettes) before they reach the filter medium. This decreases the risk of filter fires significantly and prolongs the life span of the filter.
Principle of operation:
In the upstream swirl nozzle air is getting rotated. In the acceleration path that follows, the rotation speed increases up to 100 mph. Larger particles like sparks or other glowing objects are separated from the airstream and redirected into the nozzle, where they are captured in a collection tank. The collection tank can be removed for disposal even while the unit is running.
- Virtually complete separation of sparks and large particles
- Reduction of filter fires to an absolute minimum
- Increased filter service life
- Reduction of operating costs
- Simple installation
- Works with existing duct work
- Easy removal of collection tank even during operation
- Spark detection can be added to further reduce fire risk